What causes bad breath?
- Certain foods such as garlic and onions
- Dry mouth (sometimes related to autoimmune diseases) due to malfunctioning of salivary glands
- Local infections in the respiratory tract, tonsil stones, chronic sinusitis, post-nasal drip, chronic bronchitis, gastrointestinal disturbance or reflux
- Alcohol or cigarettes which restricts saliva flow and increase bacteria count
- Poor oral hygiene, dental decay or periodontal disease
- Systemic illnesses and medical disorders such as diabetes, lung infections, kidney or liver failures
What can be done?
What happens if I leave it?